My dad suggests to get a government job. But, I want to be a cardiologist. What to do?

I want to study to become a Cardiologist, but my dad is saying to first have a simple government job. He wants me to 1st secure my life then think of any jobs.

Since i am a girl they want my security 1st. what should i do?

I am currently in 10th standard.

Anonymous User Asked on February 11, 2015 in Science & Medicine.
Add Comment
2 Answer(s)

You may try taking a career counselling aptitude test with any recognised counselling academy.

Since you have not completed your 10th, this could be the right time for you to do it, as there are so many options, suggestions, our own interest, ideas etc., that one is bound to get confused.

A career counselling centre that does career aptitude test could give a clear picture on what are your strong subjects, your interest and options to choose.

This could be a very professional guidance and they generally also get your parents for counselling sessions. Thus, even they could realise your real interest, skills and professions that would better suit you.

You may take help of your school to identify a good career counselling or career profiling centre nearby your area.

Jay C User Answered on February 11, 2015.
Add Comment

After 10th, you need to take Science stream with either PCB (physics, chemistry, biology) or PCMB (physics, chemistry, maths and biology). Biology is important for studies related to medicine.

If you are really comfortable with Science subjects and are sure of getting excellent marks in Science and Maths, then getting admission in a good college with Science stream wont be difficult. Good college education is very important for grooming you towards a good career ahead.

Maths is an alternative choice, but if you are really good at it, and in future (say, after 12th) in case you decide on a career that would need maths (say, engineering), taking up maths is a good option in 11th. However, not necessary if you are focussed on medicine/biology career.

Parents are worried for their children which is natural. Hence, most important thing is to gain their confidence that whatever you have decided you have the skills and confidence to do it.

So, you need to put your best efforts in the subjects you have chosen and slowly their confidence will grow.

Once you are ready to get in to the field of your interest, you may request your teacher or guide who could speak to your parents and make them more comfortable and acceptable towards your career goals.

But, this is something to be done at a later stage.

Poorni User Answered on February 11, 2015.
Add Comment
  • Advertisements

  • Your Answer

    By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.
  • Advertisements