Photography is a passion for many people. It is a creative medium to express oneself in an aesthetic sense. Photographers are the technical person with inherent talent. It is thus more than taking pictures and selfies randomly with your mobile phone.
For years, photography has been one of the best mediums of expression and presentation. Now, with the increase in technology and communication, photography has become a prime requirement for media, journals, and advertising. This advancement has opened multiple doors for professional photographers in the field of social networks, online media, and electronic media. A candidate planning for a career in photography has wider scopes as compared to that in the past decade.
Scopes and Career in Photography
When you think of interactive media, the first approach is the pictures. Whether it is a business, services, education or organization, photography is the strongest medium to convey the message to its target audience. If you have an inbuilt talent of photography, a minimum polishing can help you in making your skills and hobbies a Profession.
Photographers are in high demand for most products businesses. The product photography is the backbone of all eCommerce based businesses.
- With the latest trend in themed parties, corporate event, business workshops and launches, photographers are in demand to capture extraordinary moments.
- Outdoor photography, unique wedding photography, and event photography have become a demanding job profile.
- Media and advertising industry have been seeking for talented photographers for years. Fashion photography, advertising, and journalistic photography are continually progressing.
- The demand of wildlife photographers, natural, and adventure photographers are directly associated with big media and paid channels.
- Internet being the populous sources these days offers images and video websites to be readily available for businesses and searchers.
Current job profiles
Based on your skills and type of photo shoot, there are multiple options to built career in photography. Whether you are interested in capturing an event, place, people or product, there are so many job profiles to explore
- News photographers and photojournalists
- Portrait photographers
- Fine arts photographers
- Commercial and industrial photographers
- Wedding photographers
- E-commerce photographer
- Aerial photographers
- Wildlife photographer
- Social media photographer
- Scientific photographers
- University photographers
Eligibility and Course Requirements
Those who are looking to opt a professional degree or certification in Photography must make sure that they can pick their field after deeply exploring.
- A Candidate with a higher secondary education can choose a Diploma / Certification course. These can be done full time or part time along with other studies.
- Those who have done part time diploma in photography can enter the Graduate degree.
- In addition to certificate, diploma and Graduate degree in photography, the students who are planning to do graduation in Fine Arts can also select Photography as another subject.
- Many institutes offer a Bachelor of Arts in photography with a three-year curriculum.
Other skills needed are creative thinking, keen and observant, knowledge of the advanced camera and photography tools like light, props, shades and editing tools.