MBA in Aviation / Aerospace is a programme designed for students who wish to handle management related functions in aviation, airlines and related industry.
The study would equip you with all the tasks related to effective managerial operations in an aviation industry.
It’s a comprehensive degree that covers all the major areas viz., marketing, finance, hr, operations, thus providing an in-depth knowledge of the industry.
Topics involved in the curriculum
The programme majorly covers the following areas –
- Management communications
- Aviation law and insurance
- Airport planning and management
- Aviation economics
- Aviation business policies and strategies
- International aviation business etc.,
Eligibility, Entrance Exams and Institutes
Like any other MBA degree, the minimum qualification to get admission to an Aviation MBA course is a graduate degree.(degree in science would be good, though not compulsory)
The entrance exams for various institutes are:-
Students however can start preparations for the entrance exams after their XII (Inter).
Career Prospects – why mba in aviation ?
Airlines and aviation business is one of the fastest growing fields, and with new airline operators joining the fray, many new job opportunities in the executive and managerial level have opened up.
Hence an MBA in aviation is advantageous for students who are focussed on making a career in aviation and allied industry.
The course is designed with a mix of all the basics of aviation and management functions related exclusively to these industries.
Every industry has its own unique business strategy and management needs. Hence, airlines prefer students with a management background in aviation to handle the responsibility of efficient functioning and smooth running of their operations.
MBA in Aviation thus puts you in an advantageous position to leverage your career in these industries.
You would get to work with public and private airlines, airlines equipment manufacturing companies, aviation engineering and research industry, air-freight & air-cargo industries etc.,
Work/Functions involved in Aviation management
You would be involved in the following functions:-
- Analysing, assessing and taking feasibility studies
- Design strategies to raise capital and its effective utilisation
- Analysing and assessing the movement of materials and services
- Planning and control
- Recruitment and selection
Attributes & Skills
A student pursuing a management career in aviation should possess the following skill and attributes–
- good reasoning skill (understanding the pros & cons)
- ability to make and implement decisions
- communicate expressly and clearly
- logical approach and problem solving skill
- attention to detail