The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to extend the date for submission of ‘Online applications’ for the award of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students upto 30th September 2014.
Highlights on eligibility and rate of scholarship:
- Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream for a particular Board of Examination, in class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent and not belonging to the creamy layer.
- Students pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) from recognized educational institutions and not availing of any other scholarship scheme
- Applicable to General and Reserved categories. Reservations for the various categories are as follows. SC 15%, ST 7.5%, OBC 27% and horizontally 3% for Physically Handicapped in all the categories
- The income of the student’s parents will be taken into account. Scholarship will be paid only to those students whose parent’s/guardian’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh (revised to Rs. 6 lakhs) per annum, for all categories under the scheme.
- The rate of scholarship would be Rs. 1000/- per month at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.2000/- per month in the 4th and 5thyear.
The last date for receipt of hard copy of Online application with requisite documents is also extended upto 15th October, 2014. The applications received after the last date will not be entertained.
For more and up-to-date information on the scholarship, other queries and important dates, log on to the official website by clicking – HERE