The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to extend the date for submission of ‘Online applications’ for the award of CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship upto 30th September 2014.
The scholarship scheme provides scholarships to meritorius single girl students, who are the “only” child of their parents.
- The students should have passed the CBSE Clas X examination with 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks/grades and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
- All Single Girl Students, who have fulfilled the above criteria and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose.
- NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs.6,000/- per month.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- Candidates who have passed CBSE Class X Examination in 2014 will be considered.
- The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e. successful completion of class XI. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
The last date for receipt of hard copy of Online application with requisite documents is also extended upto 15th October, 2014. The applications received after the last date will not be entertained.
For more information on the scholarship, other queries and important dates, log on to the official website by clicking – HERE