ONGC offers 500 Scholarships worth Rs. 48,000/- per annum to meritorius SC/ST students
The ONGC Scholarship is for students pursuing professional courses in engineering, medical stream and masters degree course in business administration, geology and geophysics
*50 % Scholarships are reserved for Girl Students.
- The scholarships are open for studies in India and for Indian nationals only.
- Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full time regular courses by ISC/CBSE/MCI/AICTE/UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
- Students pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses and Two years Masters course in Business Administration & Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly 60% marks are necessary in graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.
- Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs.37,500/- per month).
- The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st of October,2014 for the Academic Session.
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of student of getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarships.
- The final list of the scholarships beneficiaries shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the second week of December of every year.
- The continuation of scholarships once awarded shall be subject to satisfactory performance in each year’s annual examination and conduct of the candidate. Scholarship shall not be paid for the year where the student fails to maintain the scale of 5 grade points out of 10 grade points scale or secure less than 50% in the examination, as the case may be.
- The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
The last date for submitting application is 30th Septembeer 2014.
For more and up-to-date information on the scholarship, downloading application and where to send the filled application – log on to their official website – HERE