The applications are open in India for the Rhodes Scholarships.
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting outstanding all-round students to study at the University of Oxford for two or three years, depending on the academic route taken.
Eligibility & Highlights of the scholarship
- Applications for the 2014 edition of the scholarship are open to Indian citizens between the ages of 19 and 25 (as of October 1, 2014) who have received at least one first class degree from an Indian university.
- Students in their final year of college with exceptional academic backgrounds may also apply.
- The scholarship includes all university and college fees for two to three years (depending on the academic route taken), an annual stipend of around £13,000 (2012-2013), health insurance and travel expenses to the University of Oxford before the start of the programme and a return ticket following the course of study.
- Studying at the University of Oxford will give the chosen scholars access to world class academics in their field as well as an international alumni network that includes heads of state, Pulitzer Prize winning authors, Nobel Prize winners and Olympians.
- To apply for the Rhodes Scholarships for India 2014, aspirants must submit an online application, which includes submission of academic transcripts, the names of six references, a medical certificate, proof of age and an essay describing the proposed course of study at Oxford, general interests and activities, including sports or other activities demonstrating energy and drive and future aims of the candidate, each as further described in the Rhodes Scholarships 2014 India Memorandum.
- This year’s enrollment closes on July 31, 2013.
For detailed information, visit the Rhodes website – HERE
Have a question or doubt regarding your career or course, ASK the experts.